The Astronautics Group Propulsion Lab has a vibration facility, shown below, for mechanical testing and qualifying its propulsion components and subsystems. The facility may be used by external users, subject to availability and standard commercial terms.
- Type: LDS Model 830-335T; max force sine and random 9800N, peak 29400N; max acceleration 60grms random and 75g sine peak; frequency range 0 – 3000Hz
- Controller: LaserUSB™ Laser Vibration Controller (swept sine, random, shock classic and SRS resonance search and dwell); 4 Analogue Input Channels each with ICP sensor power, 24-bit
- Data Acquisition System: 16-channel, 24-bit (2 cards: NI-4472BPCI, Vibration-Optimized DSA); Smart Office (m+p international) software; real-time (and post-) data processing; analyser DSA Pro + Smart Office Modal
- Analysis package: 8-channels NI 4472 Series, PCI-4474; 24-bit resolution, 110dB dynamic range, with LabVIEW software
- Combo Shaker and Slip-table: LDS Model LPT600-V830-335T Combo base slip-table magnesium slip plate with 600mm by 600mm working surface with grid of M8 inserts; max payload 500kg
- Power Amplifier: LDS Model SPA10K air-cooled class D 10KVA power amp including DC power supply for vibrator field and degauss coil.