The Centre provides real‐world solutions to inspection challenges across multiple industries, such as aerospace, using specialised technologies. It houses a full complement of state-of-the-art NDT equipment and benefits from staff experienced and qualified in a wide range of NDT methods across all industrial sectors. Our technical expertise includes:
- Robotic and automated inspection of complex geometries
- Bespoke application software development
- Inspection of all materials including exotic alloys and composites
- Ultrasonic testing (UT) - conventional and immersion
- Advanced UT - phased array, full matrix capture, laser
- Radiography (RT) – digital and film
- Microfocus RT – resolves flaws down to 15μm
- X-ray computed tomography – 3D imaging including microfocus
- Modelling and simulation (Civa, FEA)
- Electro-magnetics (including eddy current testing and alternating current field measurement).
TWI offers services that add value to organisations engaged in manufacturing and construction around the globe, providing a complete engineering service.